Department of Computer Science,
North Carolina State University
Postal Address: 2262 EB II, 890 Oval Dr, Raleigh, NC
I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at NC State University. My research interests lie in real-time scheduling theory, machine learning theory, and their applications to Cyber-Physical Systems.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2016. (advisor: Prof. Sanjoy K. Baruah)
- M. Phil., Mechanical and Automation Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2011. (advisor: Prof. Jun Wang)
- B. E., Computer Science and Technology (with Honor), Tsinghua University, 2009.
- High School Diploma, National Talented Class in Science Olympiad, Ministry of Education, High School Attached to Tsinghua University, 2005. (~80 selected from >22,500,000 nationwide, all with direct admission to Tsinghua Univ. or Peking Univ., with the exemption from National College Entrance Examination)
- Real-Time Systems
- Neural Networks and Machine Learning
- Applications to Intelligent Systems
- Two 12-minute seminar talks about my recent and ongoing research efforts in general (July 2020) and on scheduling (April 2022)
Honors and Awards
- UCF Reach for the Stars Award, 2022.
- Best Industry Solution Award, RTSS 2021.
- Best Paper Award, EMSOFT 2020.
- Best Student Paper Award, RTSS 2019.
- Outstanding Paper Award, RTSS 2019.
- Outstanding (Faculty) Undergraduate Teaching Award, Department of Computer Science, UNC-Chapel Hill, 2014-2015.
- I review about 40 papers per year, as PC/Senior PC member in conferences (including RTSS, RTAS, EMSOFT, AAAI, DAC, etc.) and reviewer for journals (such as TPDS, TNNLS, TECS, TII, TCAD, TCPS, TIME, TNSE, TETCI, etc.). I actively serve in research communities (mainly IEEE TCRTS) as members of subcommittees and chair roles in conference organizations. I also frequently serve in NSF panels and review industry proposals.